Always make time for breakfast. A healthy sustaining breakfast not only improves concentration, but it also makes children less likely to want to snack on unhealthy foods.
Children who skip breakfast generally have below average nutrition. Their diets contain less:
- Dietary fibre
- Vitamins such as riboflavin and niacin
Tips for easy breakfasts:
Here are some easy-to-prepare, healthy breakfast ideas:
- Protein shake with Ionix Minerals and fruit added
- Fresh fruit with wholegrain breakfast cereal and milk. Toast with a thin spread of avocado.
- Toast with cheese and tomato. Hot or cold milk.
- Rolled oats with sultanas and milk
- Freshly squeezed orange juice with breakfast
- Top wholemeal toast or rice cakes with cottage cheese and sliced banana
- Baked beans on toast
- Poached, scrambled or boiled eggs on toast
ph: (07) 3272 8304 or 0416 119 294
Visit these sites to improve you health and the health of your children: